Friday, March 5, 2010

Vintage Black Friday...

Welcome to Vintage Black Friday!
I wanted to share with you my stash of vintage dominos.
I have been collecting them for awhile,
there isn't a complete set of any,
but I love them anyway!

The colored ones are my favorite!


The backs of them really have alot of texture.
I love the details!
Please stop by the French Cupboard for the complete
list of participants.
Enjoy your weekend!




16 Junkgirls had this to say...:

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a unique thing to collect and you are right the backs are fabulous! Blog looks fabulous too, can't wait to catch up!

Marie said...

What pretty dominoes, I had no idea they could have so much character and texture! I want some now,
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

I Love the Old Dominoes ~ especially the intricate details on the back ~ would make great Stamped or Pressed jewelry designs....

Gretchen said...

What a great collection of dominos. I just love the details they have on their backs. Thanks for sharing.
Gretchen

Sheila said...

My husband loves to play domiones... he would think these were cool, just as i do :) Have a fabulous weekend.

Smiles,
Sheila

Miss Gracie's House said...

cool dominoes!
rene'

Sherrie said...

I love the dominoes. Will you be making necklaces out of them? I had posted my VBF post early this morning and only realized now that I forgot to link up. So please be sure to stop on over and say hi, sorry for my late arrival to the party.

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

Very original choice for VBF! ... cool collection of dominoes ... The Gypsy Prince loves to play the game {he doesn't mind if it's not a complete set} ... I'll send him over for the weekend, okay? ... okay?? ...

Happy late VBF! ... see you next month ; )

xo
Jill

Tina said...

love those old dominoes - the back of they are really pretty

Jessica Rodarte said...

Those are fun! :)

Lisa said...

Very cool post! I'm just now posting my Alice swap stuff & I'm so in love with the tag you made. I'm posting it today. I love everything you do, your blog is a feast for the eyes! I hope I get to do another swap with you soon. Lisa
PS I added you to my blogroll, don't know why you wern't there already!

Sandy said...

Fun collection! I wanted to drop in and thank you for the clever tag I received in Karla's Alice Book Tag Swap. I adore the clever bottle design! I put up a post today linking back to each artist I received a tag from. Have a sweet afternoon!

Beth Leintz said...

Hi- I stopped by to let you know I got one of your tags in the Alice swap- I love your bottle shape tag- what a great idea.


And I love your dominos- I have a little fish bowl full and I'm always looking for different styles of designs on the backs, too.

Malissa said...

Great dominos! I picked up 2 complete sets of regular size and small black wooden dominoes at the flea market a couple of months ago!

also, if you could email me about the vintage lady mother's day tags that would be great! They are due tomorrow, and I just wanted to touch base. Thanks
malissamelrose@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hello Junk Girl! Thank you for stopping by and signing on as a follower of my blog! I just signed up for yours too and will be back!

Your domino collection - the designs on the back would make wonderful embossings!!! Have you tried this yet?

Blessings,
Diane

Tobi Britton*pinkpixieforest.blogspot.com said...

Love those Dominos!!! I used to play with them all the time when i was a kid...brings back sweet memories!
Have a Peaceful and Blessed easter,
Tobi and the Pixies!